there was no posting yesterday due to unforeseen Valentine staff development and non-access to computer networking. So this one will be extended by 2 to 5 minutes more.
Yesterday's blue is today's blue -
a deafening aftcast -
really,
my head is full and swelling
and releasing all sorts of other colors,
but all I can see is blue!
In fact, I'd say I could feel nothing other than yellow -
yes - my skin feels yellow.
and my head feels a little green,
but I see blue only
in a blinding magnificence
like cobalt laughs at jars -
I thought I saw my grandmother,
or perhaps it was a view of a fishport in Maine,
leading me to conclude
that I am in great need of a change in scene -
I need salt air.
I need fresh water.
I need to get away from all this darkness.
I am suffocating from it - stifling dark.
I want my own fresh beginnings
without the worn and manipulated
electricity that pulses
into any niche left for light.
I need to get into my own little town,
my own little space
that doesn't belong to me.
It's the only way to not be hurt when others
more deserving
take it over.
I am a rotting blue.
Really,
would a yellow-skinned
diver lie?

1 comment:
The pictures along with the words in this blog really work. Many of these blogs are a bit surreal, but the pictures really ground them in a specific place.
~Adam
Post a Comment